Bathroom linen – turn your bathroom into a luxurious SPA
Bathroom linen should be chosen with great care and attention to the style of the textiles and their quality. Why? Isn’t the bathroom a place where you start your day? Where you get ready for work, and where you get into the mood for the whole day? Isn’t it a place where you get ready for the biggest occasions? Family gatherings, dinners with friends, birthday parties? And finally, isn’t the bathroom a place where you finish your day, where you rest and relax? And if you want to turn your bathroom into a comfortable space that looks like and that makes you feel as if you were in a luxurious SPA, you should start with bathroom linen.
What are bathroom linens and what types of materials are used most often?
Bath linens are as much home decor accessories as they are necessities. They include:
- bath towels (of different sizes, often sold in sets)
- hand towels
- washcloths and face towels
- bath mats and rugs
What types of material are used most often for towels?
- cotton (when choosing cotton towels look at the cotton fibre content. If possible, opt for 100% cotton because it is very soft and absorbent, popular Egyptian cotton towels are very fluffy and ultra-plush but also more absorbent and slower to dry)
- cotton polyester blend (these towels dry quickly and can last longer than other towels)
- linen (soft, easily washable, and highly durable, much more absorbent and moisture-wicking than cotton towels)
- bamboo (with high-quality viscose from bamboo and natural cotton, lightweight, quick-absorbing, quick-drying, breathable)
- synthetic microfibers
Bathroom linens and interior style
Always match the colours of your bathroom textiles to the style and colours of your bathroom walls or floor. Choose modern prints or plain fabrics in matching or contrasting colours. You can also go for waffle weave for a more hotel and SPA-like look and feel.