Pressure cookers – fast and effective pots for your kitchen
What is a stovetop pressure cooker? How does a pressure cooker work?
A stovetop pressure cooker is a special kind of pot that keeps the steam generated as its contents are heated. As steam builds, pressure and temperature increase, which makes cooking much faster. The sealed lid keeps the steam inside which extracts more flavour from foods. Stovetop pressure cookers use your stove as a heat source and are faster than electric pressure cookers.
What can you use a pressure cooker for?
Pressure cookers are very versatile and can be used for:
and preparation of such foods as stews, soups, curries, stocks, lentils, beans, mashed potatoes, vegetables, chicken, etc.
What are the benefits of cooking with a pressure cooker?
There are many reasons why so many people use pressure cookers and can’t imagine cooking without them, even though it takes some time to learn how to use them. The main benefits of pressure cookers are:
- cooking with a pressure cooker is faster and makes your life easier,
- pressure cookers are very versatile and let you cook many different foods,
- they allow for economic cooking that lets you save time and energy,
- high temperature shortens cooking time and extracts more flavour from food, making your meals taste delicious,
- when cooking with a pressure cooker fewer of the food's nutrients and vitamins are lost which makes your meals healthier,
- cooking in one pot means you have less cleaning and less washing after cooking and the sealed lid protects your working tops from any splatters
- stovetop pressure cookers are faster than electric pressure cookers
What are the disadvantages of cooking with a pressure cooker?
You can’t open the pressure cooker to check if the food is ready and it takes some time to learn how to operate it which in some cases may lead to overcooking your food but once you get it, you will want to use your pressure cooker all the time. This we can guarantee! You should also remember that when cooking with a pressure cooker you have to cook all the ingredients for exactly the same amount of time and it’s not suitable for all types of dishes.
In Kulina you will find a lot of reliable stovetop pressure cookers which are a great investment (check our best-selling pressure cookers here). A quality pressure cooker that's well looked after will serve you for many years. If you are looking for a good pressure cooker that will last a lifetime check pressure pots by Tefal or WMF – brands that specialise in reliable and safe pressure cookers suitable for all heat sources that combine technology with design.