Vegetable knives - small and handy
What are vegetable knives?
Vegetable knives are small, handy knives with short blades with pointed, sometimes slightly curved tip. They are used for peeling or cutting small fruits and vegetables so if you are looking for a knife for cutting, chopping or slicing big vegetables use a chef’s knife or Santoku knife.
What are small vegetable knives used for?
Vegetable knives may be used for numerous culinary tasks and ingredients. You can use them for:
- peeling small fruits and vegetables
- cutting out blemishes
- peeling green onions or garlic
- trimming small vegetables
- slicing small fruit
- cutting out shapes of vegetables
In Kulina you will find many vegetable knives manufactured by reliable brands such as Wusthof, Zwilling, WMF (see the best-selling vegetable knives here). If you are looking for more knives for your kitchen read our ultimate guide on buying a knife here If you prefer to peel vegetables by using a peeler, check our offer of quality vegetable peelers.
How to take care of your vegetable knives?
If you invest money in a vegetable knife you surely want them to last for ages, so make sure you follow these simple rules for cleaning and storing your knives:
- knives are often dishwasher-safe but we recommend you clean your knife by hand as dishwasher detergents can damage the surface of a steel blade
- if a knife has a wooden handle, do not put it in the dishwasher
- to prevent wooden handles from becoming dry, regularly oil them with linseed oil or beeswax
- store your knives separately so that the blades do not get dull. Use a knife block or a knife case
- sharpen your knives regularly