Bathroom bins – keeping your bathroom fresh and clean
Why is it important to have a bin in your bathroom?
A bathroom bin (much smaller than a regular kitchen wastebin) is important for preserving bathroom cleanliness and hygiene. Here are some of the reasons why a bathroom bin is essential:
- Sanitation: A bathroom bin keeps your bathroom clean and sanitary by offering a dedicated location for waste disposal. This can include items like used tissues, cotton swabs, and sanitary products.
- Odour and mess reduction: A bathroom bin without a rubbish bag can quickly become messy. One of the primary reasons to use a rubbish bag in the bathroom bin is to prevent the accumulation of waste and to reduce odours. Bathroom waste such as used tissue or sanitary products.
- Convenience: Having a bathroom bin nearby allows you to dispose of garbage quickly and efficiently. This can assist in keeping your bathroom organised and neat, as well as preventing clutter from accumulating.
- Hygiene: Using a rubbish bag in the bathroom bin can help to maintain good hygiene levels. By using a rubbish bag, waste is contained and can be easily removed, reducing the risk of contamination.
How do I use and clean my bathroom bin to avoid smells?
Using and cleaning your bathroom bin regularly is critical for avoiding unpleasant odours and maintaining a clean and sanitary atmosphere in your bathroom. Here are some pointers on how to successfully utilise and clean your bathroom bin:
- Select the appropriate bin: Select a bathroom bin that is the right size for your needs and is simple to clean. At Kulina, we have numerous bins with lids or covers from top brands like Alessi, Blomus, and Brabantia that will assist in reducing odours.
- Using a liner: To make cleaning easier and to prevent the trash from clinging to the bottom of your bathroom bin, use a disposable or washable liner.
- Proper garbage disposal: Make sure to properly dispose of garbage by wrapping items such as old tissues or sanitary products before placing them in the bin.
- Clean the bin on a regular basis: To prevent bacteria and odours from accumulating, empty and clean your bathroom garbage regularly using warm soapy water.
- Deodorise the bin: Place a sachet of baking soda or a few drops of essential oil inside the liner or at the bottom of the bin to deodorise it.