Sous-vide vacuum cookers
Sous-vide Vacuum Cooker – your unusual kitchen helper
The French term sous vide, which translates to "under vacuum," refers to a cooking method in which food is placed in an airtight container and immersed in a pot of water that has been heated to a specific temperature.
What are the biggest advantages of sous vide cooking?
Although sous vide cooking requires specific equipment and more time it has some great advantages.
- you have great control over the cooking time. Food can be prepared, and vacuum sealed up to a day in advance and left to cook slowly in the water oven. You can sous vide your food overnight and serve up your meal whenever you're ready.
- no need to control temperature by yourself - you can cook meat and fish for a set period of time without having to control the temperature yourself
- sous vide cooking is hands-free! - all you have to do is to vacuum pack your food, place it in water, set the temperature, and walk away
- Sous vide retains more nutrients and vitamins than other cooking methods.
- sous vide cookers make meat more tender
- almost anything can be cooked sous vide; some chefs even use it to soft boil eggs.
How do I use a Sous-vide vacuum cooker?
You will need at least three items to get started: water, a large container, and a sealable bag. The most common type of premium resealable bag is vacuum-sealed, and you may get them on our website.
Since cooking food sous vide intensifies flavour, we advise using a little number of spices for seasoning your meal before bagging. Simply fill the bag, squeeze out the air, and place it in the container's warm water bath.
What are the essentials when using a sous-vide cooker?
In addition to the sous-vide cooker, you will need some additional equipment such as a vacuum bag sealer, vacuum bags or foil, a vacuum pump. Some of these are listed below:
Vacuum sealer machine: Vacuum sealers operate by eliminating air from a plastic bag packed with food before sealing it with heat. This keeps your food fresher for longer by creating an environment that makes it exceedingly difficult for microbes to flourish. It has been utilized for under-vacuum cooking since the tight seal also prevents moisture loss and burn.
Bags for vacuum sealer: Food keeps fresh up to 8 times longer in vacuum bags. All of the nutrients are still intact, and they still have their full flavour and scent. These bags are the best for cooking under a vacuum since they are durable and withstand burns when heated.
To guarantee a highly successful cooking experience, we offer you everything you need for your sous-vide cooking from sous-vide cookers to all accessories by renowned companies like Severin and Zwilling.