Filter jugs – for the better taste of your water
What is a filter jug?
A filter jug is a particular kind of jug with an integrated filtering system for removing pollutants from water. A cartridge or filter that captures contaminants like chlorine, lead, and sediment as part of the filtration system usually helps to improve the water's flavour and purity.
Filter jugs are often constructed of plastic or glass and can include several features, including a cap or spout for simple pouring, a measuring scale for keeping track of how much water is used, and a removable filter cartridge.
They provide a more economical and sustainable method to enjoy clean, refreshing water, making them a well-liked substitute for buying bottled water.
Why do I need to filter water?
Water filtration makes your water safer to drink. Filtering water gives you:
- Improved flavour: Filtering can get rid of contaminants like chlorine, which can give water a bad taste and odour.
- Healthier water: Filtering can get rid of impurities like lead or germs that might be harmful.
- Better coffee taste: Filtering coffee water can enhance the flavour and aroma of the coffee since contaminants can alter the taste.
- Cost saving: Filtering tap water might also be a more economical option than purchasing bottled water.
- Environmental advantages: Filtering water with a jug can aid in minimising plastic waste from bottled water.
While tap water is normally safe to drink, it occasionally has pollutants that can degrade its flavour and quality. By removing these contaminants, you get tastier and healthier drinking water.
Why is drinking water so important?
According to the Center for Disease Control and Prevention, CDC, getting enough water every day is important for your health. Dehydration can result in fuzzy thinking, mood swings, overheating of the body, constipation, and kidney stones, among other symptoms. Avoid it by drinking a sufficient amount of water every day.
What are the types of jugs available on Kulina?
In Kulina, we offer different types of jugs in a wide variety of designs.They are:
- Water jugs: large capacity jugs, usually with a handle, lid and spout, made to serve and pour water but also juice, lemonade, etc.
- Water and iced tea carafes: elegant, usually made of glass carafes designed for serving water with lemon, ice and herbs
- Creamers: Little milk jugs are used to serve milk or cream for coffee or tea
- Gravy jugs: Containers have a handle and a spout that are used to hold and pour gravy or other sauces.