Special purpose knives
Special purpose knives – special agents in your kitchen
What are special purpose knives?
Special purpose knives are knives that have been designed for special culinary tasks. Their shape, the material from which they have been made and their size are supposed to help you with dealing with specific ingredients or with getting the exact result that you expect.
In Kulina you will find many speciality knives manufactured by reliable brands such as Wusthof, Zwilling, or WMF that guarantee long and effective performance. Check our categories below and get yourself a special-purpose knife that your kitchen needs. These are:
- butcher’s knives
- cheese knives
- slicer knives
- larding knives
- ham knives
- salmon knives
- pastry knives
- and knives for kids
How to take care of your knives?
Special-purpose knives are often an investment and if you invested your money in a speciality kitchen tool you surely want this tool to last for ages. Therefore make sure you follow these simple rules for cleaning and storing your knives:
- knives are often dishwasher-safe but we recommend you clean your knife by hand as dishwasher detergents can damage the surface of a steel blade, dry your knives immediately after washing them with a dry cloth,
- if a knife has a wooden handle, do not put it in the dishwasher,
- to prevent wooden handles from becoming dry, regularly oil them with linseed oil or beeswax,
- store your knives separately so that the blades do not get dull. Use a knife block or a knife case if you use your special purpose knife only from time to time and you want to keep it in your kitchen drawer
- sharpen your knives regularly with the appropriate knife sharpener