Coffee storage containers
Coffee Storage Containers – designed to keep your coffee fresh for longer
What are coffee storage containers?
Coffee storage containers are containers made particularly for storing coffee beans, ground coffee or coffee capsules. These are intended to keep coffee as fresh and tasty as possible by shielding it from light, air, and moisture and to keep your kitchen well organised.
There are many different types of coffee storage containers available on the Kulina website from well-known manufacturers such as Brabantia and WMF. You can also browse through our tea storage containers and other food storage containers.
How do I store coffee?
It is important to store coffee properly to preserve its flavour and freshness. Here are some coffee storage tips:
- Keep it airtight: One of coffee's worst enemies is air exposure. Choose an airtight container, such as a coffee box with a tight-fitting cover or a vacuum-sealed bag, to store your coffee.
- Keep it dry: Moisture can also alter the coffee flavour. Coffee should not be stored in a humid area or near sources of moisture such as the cooker or sink.
- Keep it cool: Heat can hasten the oxidation process, which causes coffee to get stale. Coffee should be stored in a cold, dark area away from direct sunlight and heat sources.
- Avoid keeping in the refrigerator or freezer: Contrary to common assumption, storing coffee in the refrigerator or freezer can actually harm its flavour. Moisture and odours from other items in the refrigerator or freezer might seep into the coffee and alter its flavour.
- Buy in small quantities: To ensure optimal freshness, buy coffee in little quantities that can be consumed within a week or two. If you do buy in bulk, keep the surplus in an airtight container in the freezer and take out only what you need.
By following these guidelines, you can help guarantee that your coffee stays as fresh and delicious as possible.
How do I organise the tea & coffee station in my kitchen?
To set up a tea and coffee station in your kitchen, start by deciding on a location, such as a countertop, shelf, or cupboard. Collect all of the essential equipment, such as a coffee maker, teapot, coffee grinder, tea infusers, and so on. Maintain a clean and clutter-free environment, and add personal touches such as ornamental things to make the space feel more welcome and unique.
To keep your coffee fresh, invest in a coffee storage container and store your tea and coffee according to the rules outlined above. Choose a container that is adequately sized for the quantity of coffee you regularly use to help prevent wastage and keep your coffee fresh.