What are ice cube moulds and trays and what can I use cube moulds for?
Cube moulds are multipurpose kitchen appliances that can be used to make different kinds of ice cubes or to freeze liquids, such as water, fruit juice, coffee, and tea, among others.
In addition to other items, they can be used to freeze baby food, sauce, broth, and stock such as ice cream for kids. Some individuals also use them to make elegant ice sculptures or table centrepieces for special occasions.
Kulina carefully chooses its cube moulds from renowned producers like Bitz, Joseph Joseph, and Lekue. Make sure you also check our bottle coolers, ice tongs, and ice buckets for serving your drinks perfectly.
What types of drinks are best served with ice?
Ice is often used to serve a wide range of drinks, including:
- Water: To keep it cool and pleasant, drinking water is often poured over ice.
- Soft drinks: To keep them cold, carbonated drinks like soda, lemonade, and iced tea are commonly presented with ice.
- Juice: To keep fruit juices such as orange juice, cranberry juice, and apple juice cool, ice is usually served with fruit juices including.
- Alcoholic beverages: Many mixed drinks and cocktails, including well-known mixtures like Margaritas, Mojitos, and Gin and Tonics, are served over ice.
- Iced coffee and iced tea
In general, ice is a versatile component that can be used to keep a variety of drinks chilled and refreshing.
What are the different ways to make ice?
Making ice can be done in many methods, including:
- Simple ice cubes are produced by freezing water into small, square-shaped ice cubes using an ice cube maker, freezer bag, or tray.
- Flavoured ice cubes: using the same procedure as ordinary ice cubes, but adding fruits, herbs, or other flavourings to the water before freezing.
- Cocktail ice is made by utilising specific ice moulds to produce huge, slowly melting ice cubes or spheres.
- Crushed ice: use an ice crusher or a blender to crush ice into small pieces.
- Shaved Ice: This is Ice that has been shaved with special equipment to create a fluffy, snow-like texture.
- Block ice is made by freezing water into a solid block that can be broken or shaved into smaller pieces as needed using a big container or bucket.