Scented candles – bring aroma and cosiness to your interior
What are scented candles?
Scented candles are candles that are embedded with fragrance oils or essential oils in order to give a pleasant scent when burned. They are created by combining wax, such as paraffin, soy, or beeswax, with fragrance or essential oils. The mixture is then poured into a container or moulded into a particular shape.
What are the differences between scented candles and taper or pillar candles?
Tapers and scented candles are both kinds of candles however, they differ in a number of ways:
- Dimensions: Taper candles have a long, slender form that usually tapers from wide at the base to narrow at the top. Pillar candles are thicker and have a shape of a pillar. Scented candles can come in different sizes and shapes - from small and regular to quite big and more creative.
- Perfume: While taper candles sometimes lack perfume, scented candles are made with the intention of emitting one when burned.
- Burn time: Scented candles often last longer than taper candles since they are usually bigger and made of more wax.
- Use: Scented candles can be used for relaxation, mood improvement, or to cover offensive odours. Taper candles are commonly used for formal occasions or as attractive centrepieces.
- Use of a candlestick holder: When using scented candles you do not need additional candle holders. Scented candles are made using glass or porcelain containers that are usually quite decorative
- Gift idea: Scented candles are great as gifts for all occasions. If you want to present somebody with taper or pillar candles, on the other hand, you should bring them a matching candle holder or a lantern as well.
What are the benefits of using scented candles?
Beyond merely having a pleasant scent, scented candles can have a number of advantages. The usage of scented candles can assist to create a peaceful and soothing environment that helps to reduce tension and anxiety.
- Some scents are well known for their relaxing effects on the body and mind. Candles with scents can also assist to clean the air by eliminating germs and offensive odours.
- Additionally, scented candles can enhance the ambience of a space, fostering an inviting environment for visitors. They can also be used to create the right atmosphere for various events, including intimate dinners or soothing spas.
- A home office or study room would benefit greatly from the addition of scented candles, some of which are even made to aid in focus and concentration.