Spiralizers – turn your veggies and fruits into noodles
What does a vegetable spiralizer do?
Spiral vegetable slicers are culinary tools for creating linguine-like strands of vegetables, such as zucchini, potatoes, cucumbers, carrots, apples, parsnips, and beetroots.
What vegetables can you spiralize?
Most veggies that can keep their shape when sliced can be spiralized. You can use a spiraliser with carrots and zucchini, but also other root vegetables, peppers, shallots, onions, beets, turnips, and potatoes.
Before you use the spiralizer you can remove the skin from the vegetables with a vegetable peeler but in many cases, it's not necessary.
Are vegetable spiralizers worth it?
Absolutely. Vegetable spiralizers have several advantages that make them worth the investment. The following reasons are a few of them:
- An excellent alternative to regular pasta - a spiralizer allows you to transform practically any vegetable or fruit into noodles so it's perfect if you want to cut down on carbs. You can eat these "noodles" fresh or fried. The most popular pasta substitutes are carrots, yellow squash, and zucchini.
- Nice way to increase your vegetable intake - Do you need some encouragement to eat more vegetables? This could be more fun with a spiralizer. You'll find surely find chewing on the ribbons of beets, cabbage, peppers, sweet potatoes, and other vegetables more enjoyable
- Excellent for kids - Vegetable spiralizers are excellent if you want to encourage kids to help in the kitchen and eat more vegetables. Using a spiraliser is safe and vegetables that have been prepared in this way, disappear from the plates much faster!
What recipes can you prepare with a vegetable spiraliser?
Zucchini is one of the veggies that people most frequently spiralize, but there are many more dishes that you can prepare with your spiralizer; a few of them are highlighted below:
- Warm sweet potato noodles, cabbage, and lentil
- Zucchini Alfredo
- Roasted Herb Spiralized Vegetables
- Pesto Vegetable Pasta
- Zucchini noodle caprese
- Spiralized sweet potato egg nests
and many more!
You may also want to go through our collection of kitchen graters and mandoline slicers and if you need to deal with a greater amount of food, you can also check our offer of electric food choppers and shredders.